Now I understand “the grown-ups” mostly the mothers who complain about their weight and be to busy for taking care of their body. Doesn’t make time for workouts and only eat the quick meals.
A while ago I didn’t understand that, how can you not have time? “MAKE TIME, you want to lose weight? Go to the gym, even if it is for a half an hour, isn’t so hard is it? Lying on the couch or have a workout that makes you feel better when your done.” But now when I experience the “adult life” I completely understand!!
I am so tired after a whole day at work, I try to go to the gym and workout but it is not like I did before. After 3 months now, I gain 5 kg!! OH MY GODNESS!! I know ey, it is shocking! But what did I expect? Trained not so much as I did before (even skipped sometimes) and all day I sit on a computer and eat. Not candy, cookies and chocolate but without my daily movement and without training you obviously see much difference. So to now I had to search for another way… something had to change.
I tried different things;
– Instead of going home with the car, I went back on my skates (15 km). I do this once a week. It is hard, specially if your not used to skate. So I recommend to train a bit before you skate 15 km in a day.
– At work I only eat fruit and vegetables (no other “healthy”cookies or snacks just the fruit and vegetables), I try to make good meals with it so I am not getting hungry and small pieces for a snack.
– I found out that I eat more when I sit all day, think everybody does that. Anyway, I try to change the food for water and tea. Luckily I love tea, so it isn’t hard for me to drink it, and everytime when i get a ‘hungry in cookie’ feeling I drink a glass or water or tea.
– It sound silly but when I am alone in the office or when I go to the toilet I do a few squats. I don’t know if this will help a lot but it give me more motivation because I have the feeling that I do a good job! HAHA! I do 10 till 20 squats because I don’t want to sweat and that like 5 times a day?
– No extra salt, I use to put salt on everything, I knew it wasn’t good but I couldn’t eat it without. But I was so shocked from the 5kg that i thought: Ok I drink a lot now and I can eat salty food cause I only enjoy it the 5 minutes that I eat it. So those 5 minutes non-salty eating isn’t the worst thing. I just need to learn to eat without salt.
I already lost 2kg while I was changing these little things at my ”working new lifestyle”. So for me it works, if you have more tips you can always sent me a email or message on tumblr! I would love to hear!