If you think about the winter you imagine the snow, hot chocolate, warm jackets, beanies, boots, Santa, fur, dinners. It is all so cozy and magical. But how does your body think about that? For example if you take a walk: If your hair get’s wet you have to be careful that it doesn’t freeze and break, your skin feels like it is going to split and it is a miracle if your fingers didn’t fall off. And thats why I have a few tips for you that I always use during the winter time.
How can you be winter-proof?
– Cream/body lotion. It is very annoying if your skin dries out, it is ugly, it is getting itchy and if it is dry for to long it is gonna hurt. The best thing is that you put it on before you go to bed, than it has time enough to do his work.
– Hair mask. This is always good, in the winter and summer. But specially now, you hair need this little extra care. I always do two times a week a mask in my hair. And sometimes when my hair really needs a extra boost, I sleep with it so it can do his work the whole night.
– Don’t shave your legs much. Maybe this sound a bit weird for some people haha, but I try to shave my legs as little as possible. My legs get’s dryer and it is unnecessary.
– Face mask. Again the mask, there are a lot of vitamin in a good face mask that you skin needs. Your face has a hard time with the cold because it isn’t covered. I always try to do this once a week.
– Sugar scrub. It is nice to have a scrub it makes your skin feel nice and soft. But your skin is extra dry now so if you want to scrub you can better use a sugar scrub. It has the same effect as a other scrub but it has these oils in it so your body is oiled instead of dried out.
– Hand cream. This is so nice, i don’t leave the house without my hand cream. It keep your hands feel soft and it doesn’t hurt when it is too cold.
– Cover your body. Keep your body warm. A beanie, gloves, scarf, double socks, layers, it is fashionable too!
– Drink enough water. Keep your body hydrated always! I can imagine that cold water isn’t what you really want now, so you can also drink tea (green tea, tinytea, hertea). You can also just cook the water and drink it like tea without tea. I don’t know if a lot people like that but I do, maybe with a piece of lemon.
– Vitamin. Make sure that you get enough vitamins daily.
– Eat enough. If you don’t know what to do with some things just look at the nature. What do animals now? They eat a lot so they can survive the winter. Don’t start eating until you get sick, don’t eat more than you need. But absolutely not less. Eat healthy & enough food.
These were the things that I use for surviving the winter. Most of them is for the dry skin but that is very important in the winter and also very annoying. be careful with your body, you need it for the rest of your life! I hope these little tips help you too. If you have more tips let me know! I am very curious.
Have a nice day!